FPS Drops

fritz661

Schraubenverwechsler(in)
Hi guys maybe you can help me with that
My dota 2 has FPS Drops. I get around 80 FPS on best settings, but it sometimes drops to 20-30. It seems that it doesn’t matter what's happening in game. It just happens. Even on the lowest settings I have this drops (and I think I should be able to play dota on high Settings)! It's weird. I've bought my pc two months ago, all brand new, not using used parts.
I don’t think I have this drop in other games (but I hardly play any other games)

I tried:
-Uninstall & install dota 2.
- clean install windows
- Update Graphic tools

Installed Dota 2 on:
- SSD
- Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 8 GB DDR5
- 16 GB DDR3 PC-1600 Hynix AMD Markenspeicher
- AMD FX 8300 8-Core 8 x 3300 MHz Turbo
- Biostar A960Dplus AM3+ Mainboard
- 500W 12cm Xilence Silent-Deluxe ATX Marken-Netzteil
- Windows 10: 1.315.322.0

Afterburn:
Data — ImgBB

If i let afterburn running i see drops in FPS, CPU temp, GPU USE, and a bit in the power/w.

Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong or how to fix it? Thanks for reading. Greetings

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Monitor CPU-Clocks.
In Dota only the CPU "makes" the FPS. If the Clocks drops, your FPS drops.

And you are one of 100.000 AMD-FX-Users who take the 8-Cores on Boards which are not capable to maintain the Power-Requierments for this chip because the use cheap Power-Transfer-Chips.

A simple search prior to this thread should revealed this.

Hi,

I sadly have not a lot of knowledge about computers. A friend of mine uses this setup to play and it works all right. It was a ready to buy computer, not custom-made. so I thought if i buy the same i should be fine

Monitor CPU-Clocks.
In Dota only the CPU "makes" the FPS. If the Clocks drops, your FPS drops.

And you are one of 100.000 AMD-FX-Users who take the 8-Cores on Boards which are not capable to maintain the Power-Requierments for this chip because the use cheap Power-Transfer-Chips.

Im sorry to ask this but this means i need to buy a new Mainboard?

greetings

If you have the option: Give back the whole thing.
Say: Not Working, CPU-Clock drops.
When its "brand new", the Dealer has to solve your problem. Not you.

a friend of mine has the exact same computer and he has no problems playing dota on "best" settings.

i understand the problem but i am still wondering. why does it sometimes "work" (more or less) and sometimes not?

How high are the clockspeeds of the FX ingame?
Use MSI Afterburner and take a look at the clockspeeds and temperatures of CPU & GPU!

And are you SURE that your friend has the EXACT same components as you? Same CPU, same Motherboard (Voltage regulator temps!!!) and same GPU?

Zurück