AMD_Reddit

PrivateCeralion

Freizeitschrauber(in)
Hier sind ein paar interessante Informationen von AMD, unter anderem wird bestätigt, dass Polaris Mitte dieses Jahres erscheint.

[–]AMD_RobertTechnical Marketing 56 Punkte vor 2 Stunden
Did moving to the 14nm FFet node after being stuck in 28nm planar transistor node present any significant challenges that were different from previous shrinks?
Every node has its little foibles, but I am not quite in a position where I can disclose the level of information you're probably looking for. I like keeping my job. ;) However, we know that people are very interested in the process tech and we intend to publish a lot more information on the architecture and the process before Polaris parts arrive mid-2016. I know this isn't quite as good as getting an answer today, but I hope you can see we're thinking about questions like this already. :)
Can you discuss the yields on the Polaris dies right now?
I am not privy to yield information at AMD.
Did the recent earthquake in Taiwan affect the production schedule in any major way?
No.
How did Mantle effect the development on DX12 besides catalyzing progress, was there a significant amount of Mantle going into the development of DX12 or was it just the philosophy of low CPU/Driver overheads?
I like to say that Mantle was influential. Microsoft was one of several parties that had access to the API specification, documentation and tools throughout Mantle's 3-year development cycle. We're glad Microsoft saw we were doing the right thing for PC graphics and decided to spin up the DX12 project; DX12 has been pretty great for performance and features.
Having each eye handled by a separate D-GPU would be of greatest benefit in VR, so is there going to be an increased focus on CrossFire and LiquidVR support in preparation for big VR launches?
This is something we're intensely interested in. LiquidVR SDK has a feature called Affinity Multi-GPU, which can allocate one GPU to each eye as you suggest. Certainly a single high-end GPU and/or dynamic fidelity can make for a good VR experience, but there are gamers who want unequivocally the best experience, and LVR AMGPU accomplishes that. As a recent good sign of adoption, the SteamVR Performance Test uses our affinity multi-GPU tech to support mGPU VR for Radeon, whereas SLI configs are not supported.
How are you guys going to cool the FuryX2? Is it going to be a blower like the dev kits Roy Taylor has been posting or is it going to be a liquid cooling loop like the 295x2? Also any idea of a price point?
With all due respect to Tizaki, he was erroneous in placing dual Fury on the list of kosher topics. I am not in a position where I can discuss that product.
In regards to Polaris can you discuss any of the GPUs we could be seeing sometime in the near future, like the Fury and FuryX successor, are we going to see a low profile card like the Nano again?
We will discuss specific SKUs and form factors when Polaris launches mid-year.
Is there anything you can disclose about GPUOpen tools being deployed in games that are in development, or even some of the interesting application people are trying to make using the compute tools?
Watch for GDC. :)
As far as FreeSync monitors, do you see an increased adoption of FreeSync technology from monitor and panel manufacturers because of HDMI support?
HDMI support is directly responsible for expanding the list of FreeSync-enabled monitors from 30 to 40 overnight. HDMI is the world's most common display interface, and there's a huge industry economy of scale built around it, especially at the mainstream end of the market where users with modest GPUs are correspondingly most in need of adaptive refresh rates. Porting FreeSync to HDMI was highly requested by our display partners.

Leider habe ich gerade keine Zeit, eine ausführliche News zu schreiben, aber es nicht zu posten wäre genauso doof.
Quelle Radeon Technologies Group Q&A is happening here on March 3rd 1AM-5PM central time. : Amd
LG
PrivateCeralion

[–]LogloxanMSI R9 390 | i5-4690k 2 Punkte vor 39 Minuten
Have you had any chance to use or play with Polaris personally? If so, how was it and are you excited for it? (The answer can be vague or specific)
[–]AMD_RobertTechnical Marketing 4 Punkte vor 27 Minuten
Yes, but only the demos that were also shown to media. I am really freakin' excited about it. It's been 4-5 years since the last big node jump, and I'm thrilled that we've taken advantage of that to update every functional IP block in the ASIC.

[–]jungsie 2 Punkte vor 2 Stunden
1) Is there a serious focus within AMD on exploiting machine learning applications through the Radeon hardware? We have seen compute capabilities of the Radeon GPUs being (literally) years ahead of the competition, yet the AMD does not seem too invested in supporting the (hugely) growing machine learning landscape.
2) Are there any plans of AMD entering the autonomous driving market? Or at least putting out dev platforms similar to Jetson TX1 and Drive PX2?
3) Will there be any further GPUOpen surprises this year in scientific computing and machine learning/AI? :-)
Thank you for your thorough answers elsewhere in the thread!
[–]AMD_RobertTechnical Marketing 4 Punkte vor einer Stunde
1) Machine learning is more of a FirePro question. We just released some deep learning code on GPUOpen: HcCaffe – GPUOpen
2) Not that I am aware of.
3) Much more GPUOpen news coming at GDC.

[–]tarunteam 2 Punkte vor 3 Stunden
Fury X2, Whatever happened to it? Any word on release date?
[–]AMD_RobertTechnical Marketing 2 Punkte vor 32 Minuten
The product schedule for Fiji Gemini had initially been aligned with consumer HMD availability, which had been scheduled for Q415 back in June. Due to some delays in overall VR ecosystem readiness, HMDs are now expected to be available to consumers by early Q216. To ensure the optimal VR experience, we’re adjusting the Fiji Gemini launch schedule to better align with the market.
Working samples of Fiji Gemini have shipped to a variety of B2B customers in Q415, and initial customer reaction has been very positive.

Zurück