Gtx 1080 TI FE - temp-limit defekt?

sew3333

Schraubenverwechsler(in)
Meine karte - 1080 TI FE stock.

Temperaturen limit - stock auto default 84C
Fan speed -auto stock
Power Limit - stock auto 100%

Und...

Meine karte manchmal die Last ( LOAD ) erreicht 85C zusammen mit fan auto speed 60% . Gpuz shows PWR LIMIT ( nicht zeigen Thermal limit ). Und keine Drosselung Uhren. Ist das normal?

Auf pc restarten ( reboot ) 83-84C max , fan max 50% and uhren drosselung.Ich verstehe nicht, diese.

ps: can i use english? I am from England . Thanks !

No need to worry, that's okay. 85C is fine.
Having spikes exceeding the thermal limit is actually really normal.
Clocking behaviour is defined in the BIOS of the card (but can slightly be manipulated with tools like Afterburner), so the card itself decides whether to reduce the clock or not.
If it was broken, it would never work.
There were probably other factors, like power limit, leading to a reduced clock.

Thank you for answer. I wrote in english now,thanks :)
Sometimes temp limit stops working on my card,fan goes from 49% to 60% on auto, and temps goes as high 85-86C and there is not thrm throttling on clocks, only PWR limit.

Card sometimes goes above temp limit which is 84C. Go to 85-86C and when i looking to GPUZ its showing PWR LIMIT ,not THRM LIMIT. Can somebody explain me this?

I must restart pc to make again 83-84C max
Rebooting pc cure this. When i reboot pc 83-84C max ,clocks throttle and fan max 49%.

I tried on 378.69 drivers and 382.05 and newest drivers. ( 3 ).

Worry about this or its normal?

Totally normal. In Summer 2015 my EVGA GTX980ti SC+ ACX 2.0 goes above the 83°C Limit to 87°C in FarCry Primal.

The behavior of the card are prioritised in the Bios.

All Cards have a point where the cards throttle extrem to protect thereself. This point lies over 92 °C by pascal cards.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
ok last question. Why gpuz showing only pwr limit on 85C? Not Thermal limit ( temperaturen ).

Temperature suddenly goes past 84°C to 85C and the fanspeed goes up.

Gpuz shows Pwr Limit,instead of thermal limit.

I dont know why the card does it but it seems that it is ignoring the temperature limit all the sudden and using the powerlimit instead.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
So its normal?

When i reboot pc 83-84C max again ,clocks throttle and fan max 49%.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
As i said, after reboot the card maxed out at 83°C under same conditions. WoW at 200% renderscale, 3DMark and Overwatch.
I checked my GPU-Z logs. The moment the card was at 87°C there was no temp limit warning, and the card was almost at full GPU boost speed, that's the thing that bothered me.
Same tests after reboot, the card was at 83°C and boost clock was lower and temp limit was reached.
That's why i am asking here what can cause that the card is ignroring the given thermal limit of 83°C.
Now my question is, what in the world was that ? Boost clock is controlled by driver, isn't it ? Maybe the driver went nuts.
i dont think it was an airflow issue. The card never reached 87°C even under maximum load at 4k resolution. It was the same Setup, i didn't change everything.
As i said, after reboot the card maxed out at 83°C under same conditions.

Zurück