Zen2 Boost Takt: Fehlerhafte Bios Versionen als mögliche Erklärung

Jayhawk

Freizeitschrauber(in)
Guten Morgen,

Da ich die folgenden Infos hier auf PCGH noch nicht gefunden habe, würde ich sie an dieser Stelle gerne verlinken. Ich denke das nicht einhalten der versprochenen Boost Taktraten hat die allermeisten stutzig gemacht (Siehe auch das Video von "Der 8auer"). Auf Reddit häufen sich nun Berichte, die sich mit dem Problem auseinander setzen. Die "Erklärung" in Kurzform:

"The whole story…
During the first three hours of testing of the AMD Ryzen 9 3900X processor, using the X570 AORUS XTREME board, I noticed the problem when PCMark 8 did not pass the first test after 40 minutes (this is a total of ten tests). I noticed WHEA error (Windows Hardware Error Architecture) in HWInfo64 (se this software for PC telemetry, highly suggested).
From there I also decided to pay more attention to HWInfo64 and also checked that the BOOST frequencies of the processor had problems, since it didn’t get to “boost” all its cores to the maximum that it should, which is 4.6 GHz. It reached 4.5 GHz to 4.575 GHz in a pair of cores and the rest of cores to 4.3-4.4 GHz… We used manufacturers chipset driver, we have used press chipsets, as more current chipset driver version, same results.

It seemed strange to me, so I first decided to write to my contact with GIGABYTE USA (Matthew Hurwitz, I thank him for all the time he has put in to find a solution) and showed him the WHEA (PCI Express) errors, as well as the rare behavior of the 3900X boost frequencies.
Midnight (Wednesday) GBT HQ gives us news and according to their tests, the new AGESA code, including NPRP BIOS (BIOS for press) replicated our results in single-core frequencies, BUT, the original BIOS (AGESA 1002, without code introduced NPRP) turbo boost was working well.
With this information, I decided to flash BIOS, the first BIOS released for the X570 AORUS MASTER board and surprise, the boost frequencies were working as they should, even beyond the processor at 4.65 GHz. The WHEA error problem in the PCI Express was still going on, so I kept pressing and trying if the problem was maybe the chipset driver."

Das Ganze selbstverständlich unter Vorbehalt. Ich kann mir nur wirklich nicht vorstellen, dass AMD tatsächlich nicht in der Lage ist die Taktraten laut eigenen technischen Spezifikationen einzuhalten. Ob das Problem tatsächlich softwareseitig gelöst werden kann wird sich zeigen. Interessant wäre dann natürlich, wie viele Launch-Tests mit "fehlerhaften" Bios Versionen angefertigt wurden...

Quelle: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Review (English) - Dethroning Intel Core i9-9900K?
Diskussion: PSA: Ryzen 3000 Gaming Performance is being gimped by MB bios issues. Explains inability to reach advertised boosts. : Amd

Anandtech ist bereits fleißig am benchen. Bin mal gespannt ob und wie PCGH das handhaben wird.

Zurück