We're pleased to announce the availability of a new tournament!
As you know, in many parts of the world it's that magical time of the year again that the white powdery stuff covers everything into its blanket. Yes, that's snow! As some of you might remember, a few years back we did a holiday special featuring snow, and since many of you have been hoping to see something similar again, we just couldn't leave you all out cold. So, sure enough snow has covered the Valley of Bugbear once again! And what's even more fun is that this time we got snowballs too!
That's right: No winter would be complete without glistening snow, slippery roads, and of course, snowball fights! Since we're talking about Wreckfest here, the snowballs in the headlining tournament event "Snowball Run" are of pretty destructive type, and tossing one unleashes a whirlwind of vehicular destruction wrecking anything in its path. Let's see who's going to be the toughest snowball fighter! The sideshow events are keeping it in the spirit as well, with winter-themed demolition races, demolition derbies and time attacks guaranteed to offer sideways going, sheet metal tearing wintry fun. Make sure to check them all out because awaiting the top players we have a very special prize: a wicked new tournament reward car Starbeast SS, sure to strike the right chords with the fans of the Early Access version of the car.
Besides, we're always actively working on improving the gameplay experience based on the feedback, and thus this release contains a number of additional enhancements and bug fixes. We invite you to check out the release notes below for a complete summary of items fixed or improved upon. As always, thanks for all the feedback!
- New tournament season: Winter Fest.
- New free tournament reward car: Starbeast SS.
- The DLC promotional screen is only shown once per session for each respective DLC.
- Fixed an issue which caused DualShock and DualSense controllers to not function correctly.
- Improved Speedie handling and engine to make it more competitive.
- Small special vehicles no longer take excessive damage even from small shunts.
- Rammer and Roadcutter AI Player setups are now more appropriate for their respective classes.
- The rear spoiler of the Nexus RS "BB Racing" bundle is now parented correctly to the trunk lid.
- Exhausts no longer get distorted after deforming.
- Roof decorations no longer deform wildly.
- Fixed Boomer RS taillight cover glitch.
- Rebel Rat engine audio now plays correctly.
- Fixed an issue with Stellar where clicks in sound would occur when idling in neutral gear.
- Cockpit view audio now includes more low and mid range frequencies.
- Audience sound effects are no longer played during loading screens.
- In the settings, the "Interface Sound Effects" now changes volume of UI sounds independent from the "Effects" volume.
- In the settings, the "Ambiance" volume control now affects all track-side sound sources.
We're thrilled to announce a new tournament and the brand new Reckless Car Pack!
For past month, we've been having a whole lot of snowy fun during the Winter Fest tournament, but now it's time to say goodbye to wintery shenanigans and brace yourself - a storm is coming, and not just any storm but Wrecknado, a whirlwind of destruction!
The undisputed star of this tournament is the new track Wrecknado, designed for maximum mayhem and featuring high banked loops that feed the hapless racers into the vortex of destruction in the middle. Your job is to take the new DLC car Gorbie and cause as much as destruction as you can, all while racing for the victory. Awaiting the best wreckers are two new bundles in the Tournament Shop, the "Taxi Wrecker" bundle for Rammer RS and "Drag 55" for Bulldog. Let the wrecking commence!
If you've been itching to get your hands on some new rides, we also have great news for you: the latest DLC "Reckless Car Pack" is now available! This pack expands your garage with three new unique rides, and like always, we got something for everyone here: Gorbie is the offbeat community favorite that's pure fun to drive (check out the epic engine sound!) and even more fun to demolish, Blade is an 80s styled American racing car that looks way too fast even when standing still, and Stepvan is a pop culture classic with which you're going to be not only serving maximum damage but ice cream! And if you're not into ice cream, fret not, because sure enough we've got bonus paint jobs for all your utilitarian needs. This DLC pack is included in Season Pass 2 so if you're lucky enough have that, you're already good to go!
We're also actively working on improving the gameplay experience based on your feedback, and this release contains a number of additional enhancements and bug fixes. We invite you to check out the release notes below for a complete summary of items fixed or improved upon. As always, thanks for all the feedback and please keep it coming!
- Added support for the new DLC pack "Reckless Car Pack" containing three new cars: Blade, Gorbie and Stepvan.
- Added two new tracks: Wrecknado Racing Track and Wrecknado Demolition Arena.
Server admins note: the internal designations for the routes are urban09_1 (Racing Track)
and urban09_2 (Demolition Arena).
- New tournament season: Wrecknado.
- New taxi cab themed reward bundle "Taxi Wrecker" for Rammer RS.
- New drag racing themed reward bundle "Drag 55" for Bulldog.
- Player no longer gets kicked mid-event when they start holding down throttle before the event starts.
- (Dedicated Server) Increased admin_steam_ids and op_steam_ids maximum parameter size to 1024 characters.
- Improved Rocket RX handling.
- Improved Sofa Car handling.
- Added the Rocket stock exhaust as an option for Rocket RX.
- A number of small special vehicles no longer receive unexpected amounts of damage.
- Improved Bumper Car performance to make it a Class C vehicle like its peers.
- Upgrade parts now correctly follow the deformed shape of the vehicle.
- Fixed Starbeast SS reversing light glitch.
- Raven steel mesh is now correcly visible in all LOD levels.
- Fixed inconsistent Hornet bumper weights.
- Fixed inconsistent Killerbee S bumper weights.
- Boomer/Boomer RS: Increased RPM safety limit to prevent sounds from cutting of at engine redline in some cases.
- Razor: Adjusted camera-view based audio filtering settings of turbocharger whine to include less high frequency content over mid-to-high engine rpm range.